Deadline: 30/08/2019 – applications will be assessed applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Start: As soon as possible or latest 01/10/2019
Job Title: Internship: – EU Project officer
Are you familiar with the main EU Institutions, EU project management (ERASMUS+ programme) and sport, skills, education and health policies?
What EuropeActive is?
EuropeActive is the leading not-for-profit organisation representing the whole of the European health and fitness sector in Brussels. The European health and fitness sector serves over 62 million consumers, generates 27.2 billion Euros in revenues, employs 750,000 people, and consists of 62,000 facilities. Alongside its significant economic contribution, the sector has a major role to play in making a more active and healthy Europe.
EuropeActive aims to co-operate with the European Union and other international organisations to achieve its objective, to get MORE PEOPLE | MORE ACTIVE | MORE OFTEN.
We have an extensive programme of developing our capacity in EU projects and we’re looking for a committed graduate-level intern to work in our Brussels office alongside the members of our Executive Team. A 6-month internship is foreseen with the possibility for conversion to a 12-month contract at a higher level of remuneration. Some of the main areas of concern for our EU Projects includes:
• Support the team in writing EU project applications
• Support the team in the implementation and monitoring of EU co-funded project (administrative & financial monitoring, organising meetings & events, contact with partners, etc.)
• Policy monitoring related to health-enhancing physical activity, anti-doping, skills, vocational education and training.
• Raising awareness of EU projects and initiatives through social media, workshops, conferences, and other tools.
What we will expect:
• A relevant Masters degree (e.g. European studies / EU project management)
• Good knowledge of EU Programmes (and particularly Erasmus+ programme)
• A fast learning about the European fitness sector, and our existing strategy and workplan to appreciate and relate to our vision and principles,
• An ability to articulate and communicate effectively,
• Excellent information gathering skills,
• Working knowledge of the main EU Institutions and their functions,
• Excellent English language communication skills (C1), and other languages are welcome,
• Ability to write succinctly and accurately and to produce concise and effective briefings, having assimilated detailed and lengthy reports/consultation papers,
• Good working knowledge of standard Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.),
• You will need to be able to work in a small team, and to be self-disciplined,
• To work with tight deadlines,
• To have a “can do” attitude, to be flexible and a team player,
• Probably have completed previous experience in another EU NGO,
• A personal interest in fitness, sport and physical activity.
We will offer:
• A first-class opportunity to work in a very dynamic sector,
• To learn more about the EU Institutions and their working (programmes, funding etc.),
• As a player in a small team to be able to demonstrate originality and aptitude,
• To work with a multicultural and dynamic young European team,
• The prospect of employment in our EU affairs/project team.
Payment: Positions may suit Erasmus work-experience, with monthly remuneration equivalent of €1.000.
Start date: As soon as possible or latest 01/10/2019.
Duration: 6 months internship/traineeship and then possibility for conversion to a 12-month contract at a higher level of remuneration.
Location: House of Sport, Avenue des Arts/ Kunstlaan 43, Brussels, B-1040
Selection process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to complete a short test. If successful, we will invite potential candidates to an interview at our Brussels office. If this is not possible, we can arrange for a telephone/Skype interview. We expect to receive a high number of applications so only short-listed candidates will be contacted to arrange for a test.
Please accept our thanks in advance for your interest in working with EuropeActive and we wish you every success in your career.